Most Popular Articles
Top 10 Miami Attractions
May 6 , 2011
Those who love Miami know that it offers so much more than the spectacular beaches. A rich history and wealth of Miami attractions make the city one of the world's most popular destinations. Here is a list of 10 of the most popular Miami attractions.
1. Art Deco History District - For those that love architecture, the Art Deco History District is a must-see. Rows of colorful buildings from the 30s and 40s evoke the charms of a more glamorous era.
2. Miami Metrozoo - One of the first zoos to use natural barriers instead of cages to house animals, the Metrozoo remains as progressive as it is fun. Even if you are not an avid animal lover, you can't help but appreciate the many exotic animals living in their natural habitat.
3. Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden- The botanical garden gives Miami sightseers a break from all of the excitement and a soak in the beauty of a tropical climate. Spread across an incredible 83 acres, visitors can take self guided tours and bask in the loveliness as long as they desire.
4. Miami Seaquarium - The Seaquarium is another of the top Miami attractions worth a visit. The park features numerous exhibits, specialized aquariums and great shows. While the park is highly entertaining, it is also equally informative. Visitors investigate little known facts about many of the most popular sea creatures and are thrilled by the intellect of the trained mammals.
5. Miami Science Museum and Space Transit Planetarium - For adults as well as children, the Miami Science museum is a not to be missed top Miami attraction. There are tons of hands on exhibits as well as a planetarium show that is scheduled several times a day. While the permanent exhibits are enough to keep anyone interested, the museum also hosts regular well-known visiting exhibits, such as The Titanic and Dinosaurs of China. From mice to meteors, the Miami Science Museum has it covered.
6. Everglades National Park - No list of top Miami attractions would be complete without mentioning the Everglades national Park. The park gives visitors a glimpse of untouched Florida and fascinating wildlife. The trails are stroller friendly and some of them designed specifically with kids in mind. No matter how old you are, you will love seeing the alligators, birds an other interesting wildlife.
7. Biscayne National Park - What could be better than a Miami attraction that's underwater? The Biscayne National Park is 181,500 acres of sheer underwater wonder. Located in shallow enough water that you can see from boat, kayak, or canoe, the park is best seen while snorkeling or scuba diving. Visitors can have a one of a kind experience exploring coral reefs and native ocean life.
8. The Deering Estate - Also known as Viscaya, the Deering Estate was the winter home of John Deering, Vice President of International Harvester from 1916 to 1925. The Italianate estate was purposely designed to look much older that it is and is an awesome example of art and architecture. This is favorite of Miami attractions as visitors uncover layers of interest as they investigate the gardens, pools, and art.
9. Miccosukee Indian Village - For anyone wanting an authentic early Miami experience, the Miccosukee Indian Village is a wonderful and enlightening Miami Attraction. Located in the Everglades, this museum features regular demonstrations of intricate native American crafts and life in the Miami area. An Indian guide takes visitors on a trip of a lifetime, investigating the cookhouse, watching weaving, or an alligator demonstration.
10. Monkey Jungle - Last but not least on our list of Miami attractions is Monkey Jungle, a 30-acre reserve that is home to over 400 primates, and one of only a few protected habitats for endangered primates. Visitors stroll the ground through protective enclosures while the primates freely roam the reserve, playing in pools, and enjoying training sessions.
No doubt Miami is known for it's amazing beaches, but these top Miami attractions are equally deserving of notoriety.