Most Popular Articles
10 Things to Do in Miami for Kids
May 6 , 2011
If any place has all of the ingredients for a fun time for kids, it would be Miami. That is what Miami such an attractive destination; while it has all of the attractions and amenities that make adults happy, there is an equal amount of fun in Miami for kids.
Miami is a wonderfully active and thoroughly exciting city year round for the entire family. While you won't have any problem finding endless opportunities of things to do in Miami for kids, here is a list of 10 top picks to help get your adventure started.
1. Everglades National Park at Homestead - One of the best places to start on any Miami adventure is the Everglades National Park. The park is 1.5 million acres of natural river grass and can give your kids a glimpse of the beauty of untouched Miami. The hiking paths are stroller friendly and the walks are filled with wildlife.
2. Jungle Island - You can't leave Miami until you have stopped in for a visit at this well-loved, and slightly quirky attraction. Part aviary and part zoo, and a whole lot of fun, this is one of the attractions in Miami for kids that is the stuff of legend.
3. Miami Children's Museum - If you want to sneak in some valuable education cleverly disguised as fun, the Miami Children's Museum is one of the best places to go in Miami for kids. Kids love browsing the many popular permanent exhibits as well as the rotating and visiting collections, and never have a clue how much valuable information leaves with them!
4. Miami Metro Zoo - No matter how many zoo's you have been to, the Miami Metro Zoo is just too good not to visit. The Metro Zoo is the only US Zoo in a subtropical climate and accommodates a unique variety of animals. to add to the excitement, it is cage-less and utilizes natural boundaries to keep animals in their enclosures.
5. Gold Coast Railroad Museum - Located within the Miami metro Zoo is a second park and separate attraction. The Gold Coast Railroad Museum is features a huge collection of model railroads and is home to the Ferdinand Magellan, the armored car used by several U.S presidents. Even kids that are not train enthusiasts find the museum well worth a visit.
6. Miami Sequarium - As educational as it is fun, the seaquarium always tops the list of attractions in Miami for kids. This family friendly attraction provides an up-close look at ocean diversity with shows and exhibits that highlight visitor favorites like killer whales, dolphins, sea turtles and manatees.
7. Miami Museum of Science - For kids that love to be fascinated, the Miami Museum of Science will take the family on an out-of-this-world adventure. There are many world-class exhibits and an incredible planetarium featuring regular laser shows.
8. Pirate Adventures - You might think it unusual for a tour to rank highly in things to do in Miami for kids, but the Pirate Adventure is no ordinary tour. Explore the Biscayne bay and Venetian islands aboard a replica of a Spanish galleon and let your imagination is set free with images of a bygone era.
9. Santa's Enchanted Village - If you are fortunate to visit from November to January, Santa's Enchanted village is the best place in Miami for kids to add to the Christmas spirit. In what is billed as the world's largest Christmas themed park, kids run wiled visiting the many rides and attractions.
10. South Beach - No trip to Miami is complete without a trip to South Beach. While people of all ages love the beach that defines the city, it is also a great place in Miami for kids to enjoy themselves.
One of the great things about the city is that there are so many unique and interesting Miami attractions. No matter where you turn, there is something in Miami for kids waiting to be explored.